Update / Warning:
“…….there is a serious issue with it that blocks the following Configuration Manager OS deployment scenarios:
- From Software Center, launch a task sequence that uses a Windows PE v10.0.10586 boot image. When the computer restarts into Windows PE, it will fail when “Initializing hardware devices” with the error: “Windows PE initialization failed with error code 0x80220014.”
At this time, we do not recommend that Configuration Manager customers use the 1511 version of the Windows 10 ADK.”
“Warning: Do NOT upgrade your ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1 or MDT 2013 Update 1 environments to this build yet. For ConfigMgr, even though it seems to fix the x64 UEFI / PXE and Powershell/.NET issue, which is great, the new ADK does break Computer Refresh scenarios (Bare metal works). The error code is 0x80220014. Research and discussions with the product teams in progress… MDT 2013 Update 1 yet to be validated, but error comments on twitter does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.”
Original post: November 20, 2015.
The Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10, version 1511 is now available from Microsoft’s “Download Kits and Tools for Windows 10” site.
The Windows ADK now includes:
- Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Windows Assessment Toolkit
- Windows Performance Toolkit
- New and improved deployment tools to help automate a large-scale deployment of Windows 10.