Friday, June 23rd, 2017 brought us a brand new build of ConfigMgr Technical Preview (1706), which has some stunning new features. The Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr) team has been rapidly implementing new features and improving the product following the Software as a Service (SaaS) model and using feedback from the community on the Microsoft Connect site, as well as paying close attention to feature and enhancement requests on the ConfigMgr UserVoice forum.
This update has a number of new features (as listed in the Enterprise Mobility & Security blogpost) which include:
- Improved boundary groups for software update points
- Site server role high availability
- Include trust for specific files and folders in a Device Guard policy
- Hide task sequence progress
- Accessibility improvements
- Upgrade Readiness support with Azure Services Wizard
- New client settings for cloud services
- Create and run PowerShell scripts from the ConfigMgr console
- PXE network boot support for IPv6
- Microsoft Surface driver update management
- Configure Windows Update for Business deferral policies
- Support for Entrust certification authorities
- Cisco (IPsec) support for macOS VPN profiles
- New Windows configuration item settings
- Device compliance policy improvements
- New mobile application management (MAM) policy settings
- Android and iOS enrollment restrictions
- Android for Work application management policy for copy-paste
- Device Health Attestation assessment for compliance policies for conditional access
The above features are listed in detail in the Capabilities in Technical Preview 1706 doc.
You can update to the 1706 Tech Preview release via the ConfigMgr console under the Updates & Servicing node.
Here’s my video tutorial which I did for version 1701. The steps are the same for 1706.